Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Beautifully inspirational song, gifted singer...

What seems like an eternity ago, but in actuality is only a little over 18 years, I heard a young woman playing guitar and singing on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) at our home in Houston. There was a lot going on at that time in our lives, and for one, life had become exceedingly real. The events that lead up to that are another story.

Any way, I liked the music, it was soft, melodic and relaxing, and at the same time inspirational. I only got her last name from the program, Henderson. I tried to locate her in the Christian music stores to no avail, and the internet not being available back then, no way to Google the music. (Can you imagine?)

Disappointed I gave up the search, never saw her on TV again, as we moved to a location in Kansas that did not have TBN in their line up. So that became a fleeting memory.

Well, the Lord really does work in mysterious ways, and picks peculiar times to bring things to remembrance or to move on your behalf. I was in Dallas in March of 2007 for a one week training seminar at a hotel near DFW International Airport. The weather that Monday evening was pleasant, and I had remembered seeing the TBN Studio on the way to the hotel. Having mentioned it to my sweet wife, she was in hopes that I would go and take pictures of the grounds. Having seen it on TV long ago, she had always wanted to visit there.

I decided to go. I walked around the grounds taking pictures and I was the only person on the site that I could see. So I took my time, and wandered over to the main building lobby that advertised a showing of the Omega Code. I had seen it before, but I thought it might as well spend my time there as at the Hotel. I walked in and a nice lady said it would be starting in a few minutes and I could go ahead to the theater. I went in, and I was the only person there. I had a private showing of the movie, which was relaxing and enjoyable. After the show, I walked through their recreation of the Via Della Rosa (the way of the cross, the path Jesus took to his crucifixion). All very nice, beautifully done.

Happy with the way I had spent my evening I headed back across the lobby and thanked the lady for allowing me to watch the movie. I signed a guest book, and then she said that she had a parting gift for me and handed me a plastic bag with the TBN logo on it. I thanked her and walked back across the beautiful grounds to the parking lot and my car. Once in the car, I decided to look in the bag to see what I had been blessed with. There was an Ink Pen, a few brochures, a white paper back book on the history of TBN, and what looked to be in the fading light a CD. I turned on the dome light and to my amazement it was a music CD. "All the way to Heaven" by......

you guessed it. Solveig Henderson. I was elated, shocked and thankful all at the same time. I unwrapped it, put it in the CD player in the dashboard, and the following song is the first one I heard. "Heaven". Nothing short of awesome.

I give God the glory, he saw fit to bless me for blessing my wife. You see I have learned when I go places my wife wants to go, I get blessed. She wanted to go to TBN but couldn't, so I went for her and took pictures. And I got blessed. (Next time I'm taking her with my, then think of the blessing!!)

Now, be blessed by listening to this truly beautiful song, by a truly inspired and gifted artist, Solveig Henderson.

Thank you God, Thank you Deanna, Thank you TBN, and Thank you Solveig!

Rg

"All the way to Heaven" - Solveig Henderson

2 comments:

  1. Artist,
    Glad that you were blessed by going there and receiving the music from TBN as their guest.

    I'd like to see this place in person.
    hope someday I can,
    d

    ReplyDelete